Sunday, March 13, 2011

Learn - The Gain of Pain

Some people do what they want, inconsiderate of God.
Some people ask God to help them do what they want.
Some ask what God wants, but still may not be willing.
Some people ask God with a willing and sincere heart.

I asked God over and over for some help, and He didn't answer and didn't answer. I hurt... I was in so much pain... and yet heard nothing. But near my breaking point, God finally told me the answer. It was something I would have done, too... Why did He wait so long to tell me?

The problem was that... I wouldn't have taken it to heart.  The answer... would not have changed my character. If I had heard it before, I would have been glad, agreed, and practiced it a bit, but would have eventually forgotten. It would have been some ink stamping a simple answer on top of my heart.

However, the pain... it softened my heart. It made it go from a rock to play dough. And when God finally stamped down the answer... It sunk to my core. I wont forget. I don't just know, I understand. This hasn't changed my knowledge, it has changed who I am.

It's difficult to deal with this fact... that no matter what, the solution may be just sitting in pain. I thought that, as long as I was willing to act upon an answer, there would be no reason for God not to tell me what He wanted. Yet God wants not a changed act, he wants a changed heart.

Some people ask God with a willing and sincere heart, ready for the pain it will take to hear the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment