Wednesday, March 2, 2011

See - As I Stand Worshiping

I've decided to start off with something I "saw" during an all-worship chapel here at school. I don't like calling it a "vision" or anything, but I do think that this image that I more "felt" than saw is something God showed me. I doubt it will sound near as good written as opposed to when I speak it, but I'm considering presenting this (and a few others like it) for the Sankofa event here at school.

As I write this here, it's written fresh out of my mind from my memory of it. Envision it with me.

As I Stand Worshiping
As I stand worshiping, arms raised to Christ, I see my body there in armor. I'm wearing an armor with elaborate designs on it. Yet this armor, obviously of previous glory, is dirty and damaged. It's color is faded, and it's full of deep gashes. This armor has protected me.

As I stand worshiping, in the armor, Jesus comes along. He looks at the armor and reaches out to it, feeling each damaged area. In His eyes is a spark of creativity; I can see in them that He sees the value, the good work, and the potential in the armor. He goes the straps of my breastplate, gently unbinding them and releasing each one. He carefully removes each piece of armor, setting them aside.

As I stand worshiping, Jesus removing the armor, I see the wounds. This armor, beyond me and a gift from Him, was placed on me to protect me. It served its purpose well, but it doesn't protect everything. Some of the blows to the armor had pierced inside. My body has wounds from where the attacks had gone through.

As I stand worshiping, wounded to the core, Jesus begins to hug me. He wraps His arms around me, with an embrace both gentle yet strong; the grasp you can not escape, the grasp you would never want to escape. As He holds me, the wounds slowly heal.


As I stand worshiping, wounds healed by Jesus, I see what has happened. The wounds are healed; scars remain. I wont forget what I learned from those wounds, and I'll be stronger from them. Yet I am healed. I am free from the bondage of the mistakes and suffering in my life.

As I stand worshiping, enjoying my relief, Jesus prepares me. He brings something to me, new armor. This is like the armor He removed. It is covered in glorious images and patterns. It glistens in the light. It was made just for me. He gently places each piece against my body, and pulls the straps around, tightening them to a snug fit.

As I stand worshiping, prepared by Jesus, I see myself ready. I know I am strong from the battles I have fought before. I know I can rely on Jesus. I know he has put things in place to protect me. I know he will restore me again. I am ready.

As I stand worshiping, ready, Jesus sends me out. Now that I am renewed, Jesus send me back out into the world. I lower my arms, the image fades... the armor is figurative... but the work is real. I am refreshed.

Oh wow. I just started writing, and the pattern formed. The  formula, switching between myself and Jesus, formed. He acts>I see>I know. I'm so glad I wrote this out! I hope you enjoyed reading it!

3 comments:

  1. I love comments and feedback :)

    Be sure to follow on the right hand side!

    I'm gonna try and put a more Thinking post up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was awesome... I could totally picture it as a read it.

    ReplyDelete